One company that supports many of the IT jobs Tempe has to offer was recently named among the largest in the state.
The Arizona Republic recently released its list of the largest 100 companies in the state. Technology services company Insight, which supports many jobs in Tempe, was named 88th on the list with 1,279 employees.
The list includes public, private, and nonprofit companies that are ranked based on the number of employees. Information from each company was gathered through questionnaires, telephone calls, e-mails, and industry research.
Other technology-related companies named to the list include: IBM Corporation ranked 43rd with 3,000 employees, GoDaddy Group Inc. ranked 50th with 2,754 employees, Microchip Technology Inc. ranked 80th with 1,560 employees, and Lockheed Martin Corporation with 1,000 employees.
The 10 largest companies overall include:
- Walmart Stores Inc. - 30,000 employees
- Banner Health - 28,353 employees
- Wells Fargo & Co. - 14,000 employees
- Bank of America Corp. - 13,000 employees
- McDonald's Corp. -12,770 employees
- Apollo Group Inc. - 12,000 employees
- Kroger Co. - 12,000 employees
- Raytheon Co. - 11,500 employees
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. - 10,500 employees
- Honeywell International Inc. - 9,716 employees
The 10 smallest companies included on the list are:
- Lockheed Martin Corp. - 1,000 employees
- Earnhardt Auto Centers - 1,028 employees
- Sprouts Farmers Market - 1,048 employees
- U.S. Foodservice Inc. - 1,055 employees
- National Bank of Arizona - 1,073 employees
- AutoNation USA Corp. - 1,100 employees
- Republic Services Inc. - 1,126 employees
- ABM Industries - 1,200 employees
- Humana - 1,200 employees
- Empire Southwest LLC - 1,200 employees